POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motion-blur for glows ??? - Icosaedron : Re: Motion-blur for glows ??? - Icosaedron Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion-blur for glows ??? - Icosaedron
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Dec 2000 11:32:06
Message: <chrishuff-AB81F9.11330112122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a33e955@news.povray.org>, "Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet>
wrote:

> It would be nice, but I think it would be harder to implement as for
> objects, wouldn't it ???

Motion-blurring glows actually shouldn't be too hard, just divide the
brightness of each glow by the number of blur samples. However, I don't
know what you mean by "as for objects"...

BTW, I am re-thinking my idea of attaching glows to objects...maybe
glows should be an object attribute instead, specifying a glow for an
object would make that object glow. However, this would make it
impossible to link multiple glows together without a separate keyword,
because specifying a glow in a union would make the objects in the union
glow...maybe something like a "glow_group" object would help instead.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><